Thursday, December 07, 2006

I Just Need To Vent!

 I just need to vent!!!

Sherry's Saturn developed a nasty oil leak so she takes it to the Saturn Dealer. They charge her $87 to do a diagnostic of the leak and come to the conclusion that her timing case cover is leaking and it will cost close to $1K to fit it!

I hate oil leaks but I like my $1K more, lol, so I decide to do the job myself and save the $1K. It cost about $100 in parts and 2.5 days out of my life. Cuts and bruises plus an aching back and legs because I am an old man!

Well, I get all done. I did a fantastic job. I was super careful. I went over all the nuts & bolts I could find to tighten them. Found one motor mount bolt backed WAAAAAAY out. Whew, glad I found that. Sherry drives the car and there is still a puddle of oil under her car!!!! What!!! I did what Saturn said was wrong and it didn't help at all!!! Man was I upset.

While I was looking under her car, I noticed that the oil filter is buried right around the corner from the timing case cover. Hmmmm, I replaced the oil filter and Bada Bing! No More Leaks!!!! What the Hell!!!!

2.5 days and all it took was a $5 oil filter and 5 minutes of my time to fix it!

Bottom Line: Never Ass-U-Me that experts know what they are talking about. Do you own research and get a second opinion on anything major!!!

A Bad Oil Filter, Oy Vey!

Sherry is very happy and I guess that is worth all the pain, getting covered in dirty old grease & oil and 2.5 days out of my life. I just wished I had not listened to the "Experts". I never did before, ask my Lawyer and CPA, lol.

www.SanDiegoAutoSwap.com

No comments: