Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Fix For Classic Car Show Power Voting

A Fix For Classic Car Show Power Voting
by: Ray Taylor

As I wrote in a previous article, "Classic Car Show Power Voting", there has been a real challenge at my San Diego Classic Car & Cycle Show & Swap with Power Voting. I think I may have found a way to help reduce the imbalance in voting results at People's Choice type of Car Shows.

For those who don't know, Power Voting is when groups such as Car Clubs go to a People's Choice Type Car Show and vote for all their club members and no one else. I believe people should be able to vote for whomever they please. The challenge comes about when those attending the event don't participate by casting their votes for their favorite vehicles. Without a large number of votes being cast, Power Voting can sway the results so the majority of the trophies go to the Power Voting Group.

Voter Apathy strikes again! I think I have found a fix that will help make the voting results more equitable for all entries.

I am going to start doing at my Car Shows what the state of New Mexico is doing to help encourage their people to get out and vote. They bribe them! How? When they vote, they are entered into a Voter's Lottery! That's exactly what I am going to do too!!! When you cast your vote at my events from now, on you will receive a ticket for a Special Raffle just for Voters! Bribery works well with politicians; I think it will help cancel out the effects of Power Voting.

If you have any questions or suggestions about this new addition to my shows, please feel free to contact me. I really appreciate and enjoy hearing your ideas and feedback.

On Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 from 6am to 2pm we will be holding our Annual "Salute Our Troops" Classic Car & Cycle Show & Swap in the SW lot of San Diego Qualcomm Stadium. All Active Military will be given Free entry. If they are in Uniform, I will also treat them to Free Refreshments.

Please come out on Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 and show your support!

Grab A Friend, Bring a G.I., and We'll See Ya There!


Ray Taylor

www.CarsNet.com

No comments: